The green transition requires a massive transformation of the energy sector. Reducing fossil fuel dependency by increasing the use of renewable energy and improving energy efficiency is crucial for the region being part of Europe. This transition needs to be just with tailored measures to mitigate negative impacts to the society.
GFA South East Europe provides support in
- Development of national & municipal policies for climate change mitigation
- Capacity building for decarbonization in the energy sector
- Analysis and studies on the potential of renewable energy sources (RES)
- Social impacts of the decarbonization and just transition
- Preparation of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects